Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space Demo on Nintendo Switch (aka the free option)
Released April 25, 2022, the Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space demo pits the Freelance Police against the greatest enemy they’ve ever faced, a bloated, hairy, pagan god: Santa Claus!
Set right at the beginning of the five-episode story arc, this demo addresses all the burning questions you didn’t know you needed to ask, including:
- What’s so special about elf tears?
- Why is a giant robot with a penchant for eighties pop music tearing up the street?
- When did the War of 1812 begin?
- Why is Bosco’s package ticking?
- And the big one: why has Santa barricaded himself in his workshop with a BB gun?
The answers will surprise you!
Grab the Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space demo from your Nintendo eShop of choice:
- North America: https://www.nintendo.com/
- Europe: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/
Games/Nintendo-Switch- download-software/Sam-Max- Beyond-Time-and-Space-2081006. html?s=countries (demo might not be visible on the website yet, but it is on the eShop on the device)
Sam & Max discounts on Nintendo Switch and Steam (aka the cheap option)
(Note: These sales start today on Steam and the North American eShop. The discount will kick in on the European eShop on Thursday.)
Xbox players, we didn’t forget about you. Watch for a similar discount in May.
Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space Collector’s Edition coming May 6 (aka the pricey option, but oh so worth it)
For those who prefer a game you can display on your shelf and cradle in your arms (no judgment), we’ve partnered with Limited Run Games to release a Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space Collector’s Edition on PC ($69.99) and Nintendo Switch ($79.99). Preorders will start on May 6 and stay open for 30 days.
Limited Run Games store page: https://limitedrungames.com/
Limited Run’s Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space Collector’s Edition includes:
- Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space on physical media
- Bonus features DVD containing trailers, developer’s commentary, and other video goodies from the game’s original 2007-2008 production
- Five episode postcards
- Mini print of Steve Purcell’s “Autopsy” art (originally created for the March 2007 cover of Game Developer magazine)
- Waterproof Banang sticker
- Reproduction of Telltale’s Sam & Max Season Two Case File containing a souvenir from each of the game’s five cases: “The Friendly Demon Song” on mini CD, a Tiny Tiki drink coaster, Jurgen’s rave flier, one of eight random time cards, and a Soul Train subway token
And there you have it: three ways to get your hands on Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space, amenable to any budget. If you’re curious about what’s been updated in this new version of Telltale’s 2007-2008 episodic series, check out this recent Steam post.