Download the extensive free Kaiju Wars demo here — https://store.steampowered.
Play as the Kaiju in local versus!
Play as the Kaiju in a special local hot seat VERSUS multiplayer mode (or online via Steam RemotePlay) for certain missions. One player plays as the kaiju, using abilities, moving the kaiju, and playing dark project cards. The other player plays as the humans (as usual), trying to stop the kaiju. Who will win this titanic struggle? Hard to say, as this mode is still being balanced! Unlock additional versus missions by playing through the campaign.
Watch the new released Kaiju Wars Versus Video — https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Twitch viewers can now take part in the destruction as a selection of comments that appear directly in-game when certain events happen. For example, typing “!bad NOT MY CABBAGES!” will display “NOT MY CABBAGES!” in-game when a bad event happens, like a building being destroyed. Check the in-game options menu to enable Twitch integration.
- We need more time! – Play as the mayor of Floatio city, tasked with holding off the overwhelming strength of a kaiju attack. Park tanks and jets in the monster’s path to slow it down (don’t worry, we have a good insurance policy).
- Construct buildings! – Build sacrificial army bases and airfields to distract the kaiju and line the city streets with fodder.
- Deploy experimental weapons! – Conventional weapons aren’t enough; deploy experimental weapons such as freeze rays and transforming mechas to keep the kaiju at bay.
Fight the KAIJU!
- Five unique kaiju – Each specializing in different types of destruction.
- They mutate! – Tremble in fear as each kaiju grows stronger and gains devastating abilities through mid-level mutations.
- Unstoppable! – Kaiju can’t be killed, but can only be slowed down and forced to fall back… for now. Pepper them with ammunition, if you can.
- Predictable! – They move towards the nearest building, and them scientists have mathed the exact odds they step on each tile!
- Uncover the mystery – Strange things are happening: frequent volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and earthquakes. Find out why over the course of an 8+ hour story-based campaign.
- Embark on a Campaign! – Play missions from all over the world as you progress through the globe-trotting fight against kaiju. Test your wits in tactical puzzles, command dozens of units in large-scale scenarios, and fend off repeated attacks while developing your city economically in city defense missions.
- Upgrade your ACES – Veteran ACE units accompany you throughout your campaign. Spend medals to upgrade and customize your top fighters.
- Customize your Project Deck – Unlock powerful Project cards, customize your deck, and bring your best strategy to compete on the online leaderboard!
- Create your own city or scenario – Simple and easy to use, scenarios can be crafted in minutes using the drag and drop map editor
- Share your creations online – Share your cities or maps online using Steam Workshop integration
- Compete with other players! – Gain the top spot on the Weekly Challenge leaderboards
Foolish Mortals is a small independent game studio based in a faraway land called Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Their first project was Radio General, a successful strategy simulation where you interact with your units over the radio using speech recognition.